Prompt: Zip Me (got this one from a few people, so I did this one next! Not sure if it’s what you were looking for… >_<)
Dean closed the door quietly, just in case Cas had waited up for them. The trio took turns staying behind in the bunker, just so someone was always present if another hunter called in with a question only the Men of Letters library could answer.
Sam gave him a tired smile, a nod, and headed off in the direction of his room. The hunt had been a routine salt and burn, but the ghost had gotten the drop on Sam and flung him into a nearby tree after they dug her up. Sam’s ribs were bruised, but thankfully nothing had broken. They didn’t have angel healing on tap anymore.
Not that Dean would trade this for the world.
As he had suspected, Cas had tried waiting up for them. The former angel was curled up on the couch in his secondhand jeans and a Tshirt, fast asleep. Dean smiled softly and set his duffel bag down. He could retrieve it in the morning.
“Come on, you big baby,” he whispered, careful not to wake Cas up as he slid an arm under his shoulders and his knees and lifted him up. Cas stirred but didn’t wake, leaning into Dean’s warmth with a contented sound.
Dean hummed quietly as he carried Cas down the hall to their room. The door was ajar, so all he had to do was nudge it with his foot until he could slip inside and kick it gently shut behind them. He hardly wanted the slam to wake Cas.
Dean set Cas down on his side of the bed. The former angel still didn’t wake, so Dean set about getting him changed into proper sleeping attire. Sleeping in jeans, while practical when on a hunt, wasn’t particularly comfortable.
Dena grabbed Cas’s favorite pajamas from where Cas had left them on the floor. They were black and gray plaid flannel, soft from years of use; they had been Dean’s first, and it always gave him a little possessive thrill when he saw Cas in them.
He tugged off Cas’s socks and then at the button on his jeans. Cas, more asleep than awake, lifted his hips when Dean pressed on the small of his back and allowed Dean to pull off the denim and replace it with flannel.
Dean eyed the Tshirt, then figured it could stay. He shucked his own outer layers and his jeans and crawled into bed next to Cas. Cas instantly invaded his space, at long last blinking into some state of awareness when his arms were wrapped around Dean and one of his legs had insinuated itself between Dean’s thighs.
“Dean?” he said, voice thick with sleep. Dean chuckled at the sight of half-lidded blue eyes looking up at him.
“Yeah,” he said quietly, wanting to let Cas fall back asleep rather than draw him into a conversation. That could wait for the morning.
Cas let his eyes fall shut again and he leaned in to press his mouth against Dean’s. It wasn’t quite a kiss, but close.
“‘elcome home,” Cas murmured, nuzzling his face into Dean’s neck and already drifting off again.
Dean kissed Cas’s forehead and shut his eyes.
“I’m back,” he whispered, then followed his angel into sleep.
- devil-with-a-soul likes this
- feelthebeatandjustletgo likes this
- toothlessrebel likes this
- starkidgleek9 reblogged this from jackantonoof
- starkidgleek9 likes this
- jackantonoof reblogged this from scaredycas
- everysongisdestielandithurts reblogged this from scaredycas
- theassbuttmark reblogged this from professortennant
- the-ambooty likes this
- punkthedrunk reblogged this from deansmypizzaman
- sopranish likes this
- waywardgallifreyan likes this
- lemonadesomedays reblogged this from deansmypizzaman
- whyisthepiealwaysgone likes this
- apple-pie-impala likes this
- general-gerard reblogged this from deansmypizzaman
- general-gerard likes this
- deansmypizzaman reblogged this from professortennant
- barty-has-the-tardis likes this
- deansmypizzaman likes this
- winchestersmakemecry reblogged this from professortennant
- theidleraspberry likes this
- fawkesofalbion likes this
- insideabubblethatsomeoneblew reblogged this from professortennant
- insideabubblethatsomeoneblew likes this
- professortennant reblogged this from scaredycas
- the-shirrbitt-lolly likes this
- dawn-bells likes this
- bethstiel reblogged this from scaredycas
- keltastalunta likes this
- mollyelizatea likes this
- wiegenliedmitternachtkonigin reblogged this from bookkbaby and added:
- wiegenliedmitternachtkonigin likes this
- destiel-stuck likes this
- homorobotics likes this
- lymeandcoconut likes this
- ladymalchav likes this
- queen-of-karate likes this
- benightedlust likes this
- minwe likes this
- imadetheminmydreams likes this
- jae-ink likes this
- sincerely-jaime likes this
- teddyhipstervelt likes this
- soberloki likes this
- lordmarienglish reblogged this from lordwhat
- lordmarienglish likes this
- moldylemons reblogged this from lordwhat
- nonbook reblogged this from lordwhat